Landscaping is an integral part of Rent Sons. Fortunately, working outside in a garden can be very therapeutic.
Weeding gets rid of everything that does not belong. You have to pull everything by the roots or it will grow back!
Use the weeding stick to get the deep roots
Use the hull-a-hoe for larger low root areas
Dig the hull-a-how down into the ground and pull it towards you.
- Be detailed. Check above and all around each plant.
Never assume it's a weed.
Everything was planted and has a place.
Raking & Edging
Raking helps in finding the weeds and clean things up before mulching.
- Rake the weeds towards you
- Dig through the dirt and pull out the roots and weeds
- Put weeds in a bucket or lawn bag
- Check with client on where to put the remains
- Re-spread dirt out. DON’T take all the dirt from the garden
Edging is where you separate the garden from the lawn. Take the edger and make a line straight alongside the garden bed.
Mulching gives that beautiful manicured look. It also helps prevent weeds from growing back.
Lay 2”- 4” of mulch throughout the whole garden.
Ask the Neighbor how much mulch they want layed.
Everyone has different preferences
Avoid the edge. There should be no mulch within 2” of the edge
Leave 2” of space from bark plants/trees.
Sometimes there are chemicals in mulch that can poison the plants.