We don't up-sell. We "up-serve".
LOOK AROUND AND BE AWARE
1. Is there chipping paint, leaves and sticks all over the yard, overgrown flower beds?
2. Are they talking about selling their house (they would need movers), a family member in need of our assistance, re-doing their kitchen (junk removal), or any other projects they want to complete?
3. If so, suggest we come back for another job. Just suggesting won't do it though. People get busy and often forget to schedule another job or go elsewhere. Have the Community Builder mention scheduling another rental (and bring up the chipping paint, leaves in the yard, etc.) when they call the neighbor at the end of the job.
1. Especially if you look around and there is quite a lot that can be done, mention the Weekly Rental.
2. Same number of Sons the same days and times each week with one reschedule per month.
3. Include that 1% of their total rental goes back to the No Need Among Us fund to help us serve Neighbors in our community who might not be able to normally afford to rent sons.
4. There is no contract! The agreement is month-to-month.
5. Be sure to mention 50% off tool rentals
INCREASING THE NUMBER OF SONS ON THE JOB
1. Did a Neighbor place a rental for only one Son but another one or two may be needed? Call the Neighbor and mention that the job can get done much quicker with another Son.
TOOL AND VAN RENTAL
1. Let the Neighbor know that the hourly rental rate is ONLY for Sons and if they do not already have the tools needed for the job, they need to rent them. Press this. Tell them that if the right tools aren't used then the job could go longer than scheduled/needed and we want to provide the best service that we can.
2. Explain that our vans are cheaper than Uhauls for moving jobs.